AFIT Theses & Dissertations
Print: Search the D'Azzo Research Library CATALOG
- Go to the Advanced Search screen.
- Enter in keywords or title in the field boxes.
- Select Show Search Options.
- Under Limit/View Search Results, select drop-down menu for Search Locations.
- Check boxes for Limited Theses and Theses
Note: Theses that have a limited distribution are designated as LIMITED in the library catalog.
AFIT Theses &Dissertations are located on the 2nd floor in alphabetical order by last name of the author. They may be checked out to D’Azzo Research Library cardholders.
Limited AFIT theses and dissertations are located in a locked area on the 1st floor of the library. Only DOD and sometimes contractors (depending on distribution statement) may check these out by presenting their government ID to the library staff on duty. The staff member will retrieve the thesis to be checked out.
AFIT Theses are also kept on microfiche in the microforms rooms located on the first floor, in the first row of cabinets on the far right side of the room, unlimited theses are in Cabinet 8 limited theses (require Reference Librarian assistance) are in Cabinet 9. They are organized alphabetically by last name.
Online: You may also locate the full-text of selected AFIT Theses & Dissertations online:
- DTIC Public Technical Reports (Access from Database Quick Links on the library’s homepage) — provides full text access to AFIT and NPS theses from 1994 - present.
- DTIC R&E Gateway — provides access to limited theses. Registration is required, and is limited to U.S. Government employees and their contractors.
Directory: AFIT's Office of Research & Sponsored Programs (ENR) also provides an annual report of all AFIT Theses & Dissertations completed. Please visit the ENR Page.
Other Theses & Dissertations
- Dissertations Database via FirstSearch (Access from Database Quick Links on the library’s homepage)
- Dissertations Abstracts International (Second floor)
Full-text online sources:
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations -- International digital theses and dissertations.
- OhioLINK Electronic Theses and Dissertations Center -- Digital theses and dissertations from Ohio Colleges and Universities.
- PQDT Open -- Open access theses and dissertations from ProQuest.
Please fill out an INTERLIBRARY LOAN form (available under Interlibrary Loan Requests on the home page) if you are unable to locate the theses or dissertation online or locally. Interlibrary loan privileges are for AFIT Students, Faculty, and Staff only.